Wednesday, May 21, 2008

SPOTLIGHT ON: Andy Jones

We thought you might like to know a little more about the staff here at Watermarke.  So each week we will spotlight a different staff member.  This week we will begin with Andy Jones.  

Tara Bruce:  What are you passionate about?
Andy Jones:  My family, loving people, experiencing community the way God created it to be experienced, and seeing people connect with Jesus like never before.  

Tara Bruce:  What are you learning right now?
Andy Jones:  There's more to life that the American Dream, and once you taste what God has to offer everything else pales in comparison.  

Tara Bruce:  What is something unusual about you? 
Andy Jones:  I'm 6'5" and left handed.  I also secretly aspire to be a ninja.  

Tara Bruce:  What is the one thing that has made your job worth it this year?
Andy Jones:  Well, there are many things that have made my job worth it this year.  But, if I had to name just one it would be realizing that God used me to impact a group of teenagers to follow Jesus in a fresh, tangible way that will change the rest of their lives.  

Tara Bruce:  If you could tell Watermarke Church one thing what would it be?
Andy Jones:  Don't ask God to feed someone if you have plenty of food.  

Tara Bruce:  What is your fave TV show?
Andy Jones:  The office is the funniest show on TV, period.  

Tara Bruce:  What do you do when your not working?
Andy Jones:  I spend time with my family, chase my daughter Peyton around the house, chill in the hammock with my son Eli, and talk about what God is up to with my wife Christina.  

Tara Bruce:  What are your hobbies?
Andy Jones:  Discovering how God wants to use me, spending time with the greatest friends a man can ask for, getting in the best shape, reading books that leave me with more questions than answers, mountain biking and playing Rock Band.  

Tara Bruce:  What book are you currently reading?  And, what is your favorite book?
Andy Jones:  Book I'm reading now, Jesus for President by Shane Claiborne.  Favorite book, The Irresistible Revolution by the same author.  

I hope you enjoyed getting to know a little bit more about Andy Jones.  Please leave a comment!  




4 comments:

Steen said...

Well, I might be alittle bias...But Andy Jones is my FAVORITE staff member!

Watermarke Church said...

Yeah well you ARE married to him, but if you weren't - I know I know I would be your number one pick. Well I am your number one girl! :) Love you steen. - Tara

Anonymous said...

>Don't ask God to feed someone if you have plenty of food.

Ouch, that hurts!

But how well it applies not only to food, but companionship, love, and so many non-material things that God can use us to give to those in need.

Anonymous said...

"Don't ask God to feed someone if you have plenty of food" That is probably the most true and humbling statements I have ever heard.