Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Spit, Really?!?!?

At the end of Family Birthday Celebration, where we celebrated seven baptisms, Greg Chatham came up to me to talk. He thanked me so much for the environments we create every Sunday and then shared a little background.

He told me how at their last church, Cael (their youngest, 2nd grade) just really didn't like going on Sundays. It became harder and harder to get him there. But, after coming to Watermarke, Cael is the one waking them up on Sunday morning to get everyone to church.

Greg said, "Now I can now die happy because all three of my children know the Lord." He shared that he felt like we did all of this for just for him and his family. Then he said the best line ever, "Even if you spit on me every Sunday we came to church, we would still come because of how it has affected my children."

Well, that's certainly not something our Host Team will start doing, but wow, that really shows how important every single environment is on a Sunday morning to bringing life change to families like the Chathams!

Steve Mazac
Lead Pastor

No comments: